Friday 4 June 2010

Running for charity

Creating a blog has always been on my agenda but never successfully wrote one. Thanks to British 10K and now I am back writing a blog. First of all, welcome to my blog. Just read on to know more about me. Oh Yes! Do feel free to comment and click to donate.


OK this blog is about running and charity. Running is a challenge. (Running a marathon I believe is an ultimate challenge.) Some accept this challenge and run. This is going to be my 3rd 10k. First two were back in 2004/05 both in London. When I expressed my desire to run a 10k/marathon, my wife and father both started laughing. That is when I accepted this challenge. I made up my mind to run at least one 10k in my life-time and registered for the run immediately. And guess what? it took only 47 minutes for me to touch the finish line of my first 10k! There was nothing more satisfying than that. It was a great confidence builder. It needed 8/10 weeks of practice. If you are interested to run but still not sure, just go for it. You can do it. You might have to limp or find it difficult go down a staircase for a couple of days after the run and but the thrill of running outweighs all.


Charity is something that interests us all. We do like to help out if we can. We all like to get involved in noble causes. I was involved in raising money for 1999 super cyclone in eastern India. It was a great feeling to provide help who needed it the most.


Mix running and charity together and we have something very special. It is about accepting challenges to help people & community around the world and accepting challenge to demonstrate you can live up to a challenge. I think running for charity is a brilliant idea and there are many in this world who do it to support causes close to their heart. Children charities are very close to my heart and hence I chose to support CINI. I have set a target to raise £251 this year. I need your support to raise this amount. Donating is easy. Click to donate.

Enough for the day. Have a nice weekend.

Rasmi Nanda
http://www.justgiving.com/RasmiNanda

No comments: